Everyone loves a great womens necklace, but choosing just the right one for you can be difficult. Should you get one with charms and beads? Should you go for designer jewelry or costume jewelry? Should you get matching womens watches or womens earrings? If you want the best necklace for you, you need to choose something that fits you . That is, it looks right with your face, your neck, your body, and your style. Read on for some tips to help you make the right choice.
- Start by looking through your current womens necklace collection. Pull out all the ones that you never wear. Think carefully about why you don’t wear them. Some of them may be a bit faddish: that is, they were popular in style once, but now look old fashioned. Some of them could be gifts from a well-meaning friend with no sense of style. But there are some other reasons you might not be wearing them. First, do you have any womens necklace you don’t wear because it doesn’t match anything in your wardrobe? Second, do you have any you don’t wear because you just don’t like how they make you look? Pull these out and analyze what they have in common. What is it that keeps you from wearing them? That’s what you want to avoid when you go looking through the womens necklace section of the jewelry store.
- Understand what lengths work best with what style of clothing. If you like to wear open neck, v-neck, or off-the-shoulder blouses and shirts, you’ll want a collar necklace with a length of around 14 inches. These fit fairly tightly around the neck, and they don’t look great with many other types of clothing. If you have a long opera style necklace of 28 to 36 inches or a rope of 36 to 42 inches, these sorts of womens necklace are great for high necklines, elegant evening wear, and spiffy business attire. If you’re looking for something that pairs well with everything, look for necklaces between 16 inches and 24 inches. If you have a wide neck, you might have to bump up all these lengths by an inch or two.
- Check what you already love to find the best length for you. If you have a few necklaces that you love and wear all the time, measure them extended. That’s most likely the length that looks best on you. If you don’t have any necklaces that you currently love, then read the next tip to think about what works best with your neck.
- Know your own neck to know what looks good on it. If you have a long, thin neck, a choker is a great look. But if you already have a short neck and choker is likely to make it look stubby and wide. A long necklace makes a short neck look elegant and longer. If you have a lot of wrinkled, you’ll want to draw the eye away from those. Long necklaces will do that for you. You’ll also want to make sure that your longer necklaces aren’t falling into your bust, but laying above it or over it in a flattering way.
- Think about how your face will affect things. The shape of your face is important to the size and shape of your necklace. If you have an oval face, you’re lucky: you can wear almost anything in the womens necklace department. But if your face is round, you’ll wank a long necklace that makes it look slimmer. If your face is heart-shaped, a chocker or short necklace will help it look less angled.
Having the right necklace makes a person feel great. It goes with everything, and you know it makes you look your best. Take some time to figure out what’s best for you. Then rock it.