CharmsVille Diamond engagement ring settings,Images of diamond necklaces,Jewelry stores virginia Three Tips for Successfully Showing Off Your Ring on Social Media

Three Tips for Successfully Showing Off Your Ring on Social Media

Wedding diamond necklaces

When it comes to the age of social media, everyone knows when someone is getting engaged. Or do they? According to Brides, 75% of brides will change their Facebook status to reflect the event within days of getting engaged. Presumably, the other 25% either keeps things very private, are waiting to announce things in person, or do not use Facebook very often!

Receiving an engagement ring is a huge event in someone’s life, and the most important part is the commitment it represents for the future. However, there’s no hiding the fact that part of the fun of receiving a ring is showing it off! For many, the diamond engagement ring is one of the most extravagant — and meaningful — pieces of jewelry they’ll ever own.

For this reason, many people plan on sharing pictures of their new ring on social media. Will you? Here are a few tips, surprising facts, and ways to avoid being rude about it that you should know.

Tip: Create a Unique Montage

Sites like Facebook allow you to upload multiple photos at once. Instead of just showing a picture of a ring on a finger, why not make a story of it? Snap a picture of how you received the ring, where you received it, as well as something about your relationship, like a receipt from the first movie date you went on together to show just how far you’ve come.

Surprising Fact: Selfie Surgery

According to plastic surgeons around the country, many brides are choosing to receive injections and “hand lifts” to improve the appearance of their hands as they appear in engagement photos. Most of the procedures cost between $1,000 and $2,000. According to Dr. Ariel Ostad, the filler injections help make hands look more youthful and eliminate “underlining structures” like veins and bones.

Avoiding Rudeness: Know Who You’re Sharing With

Of course you want everyone to hear about your big announcement, and you should feel comfortable with sharing it. However, keep in mind that you might be sharing your engagement announcement with a lot of people who won’t be invited to your wedding — you’ll also be sharing with people who, in real life, you might not be as open about the engagement with because of past history. Take this into account for your engagement and wedding announcements.

Do you have tips for sharing pictures of perfect engagement rings online? Let us know in the comments. Helpful research also found here.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

Related Post