Every weekend, 44,230 couples tie the knot. If you are planning a wedding, you know you have a lot of details to consider from finding a venue and caterer to locating table linens for rent. It can seem like the details are endless but there are things you can do to make the experience more manageable.
- Decide how much you can afford to spend. Before you start working on any big project like this, the first step is to decide how much you can spend. Set a budget and stick to it. This is the best thing you can do to not go over budget. You need to decide how much you can spend on your venue, the catering your speciality linen rental and on and on. Having a set budget is your best starting off point. When you draft up your budget, make a list of the things you really want at your wedding. That can help you prioritize.
- Lists are your friend. Because you have a lot of details to keep in mind, you should make “to do” lists of everything. That will help you make sure none of the details will slip through the cracks. You should use this as a guide to keep you on track.
- Draft up a timeline. This is a great way to keep you on track with your schedule.There are a lot of wedding planning sites that can help you with timelines and calendars that can help you plan out the planning process. Be realistic in your timeline. If you are going to have a larger wedding, you will need more time to get everything together.
- Ask your friends and family for vendor recommendations. Your vendors can make your wedding planning a better experience or they can make it a lot worse. Talk to the people in your life that you trust. Check with the Better Business Bureau. Ask for references. Follow up and do your due diligence. This can make a big difference with your experience.
- Let your friends and family help. The people in your life will want to be a part of your wedding planning. Farm out some of the details like tracking down where to rent table linens for weddings. You may have a friend or family member who knows the best place around to get table linens for rent. When you go to test out caterers and bakers, that can be a fun experience when you share it with your friends and family.
- Make sure the vendors you use take the time to answer your questions. If the companies you are talking to do not want to take the time to talk to you before you hire them, you can bet that they are not going to take the time after. That goes for all of your vendors. From your venue to your caterer and the vendor who will provide your specialty linen rental or table linens for rent..
- Go the extra mile for your guests. Find really meaningful gifts to give out to the people who help with your wedding planning. Do whatever you can to make them feel special and appreciated. It does not take a lot to make people feel like their help has been appreciated. Giving gift bags with information about the times events will take place and the area where the wedding is being held is always a good idea.
- Expect things to go wrong. No wedding goes perfectly. That is a given. The good news is that the guests at your wedding will not know about the things that go wrong. Only you will know. If the wrong table linens for rent are brought to your venue, do not sweat it. This is your day. Roll with the punches and have a good time. When people see you having a great time, they will be more likely to have a good time as well. Plus, your wedding is a big day but it is also just a big party. Let yourself have a good time.
You can plan a great wedding without losing your mind. Take your time and have fun with it. If you do that, you will have a really great day.