By now, you’ve probably heard of electronic cigarettes, sometimes called ecigs or vapes. Electronic cigarettes are made to be used over and over, and they only require refills of the “e liquids” used in them. Many cigarette smokers use ecigs to quit smoking, and many enjoy the fact that they can use ecigs in public places where regular cigarettes would not be allowed.
However, if you’re wondering why use ecigs in the first place, you may want to know more about how they stack up to traditional cigarettes. Here are a few things to consider as you research quitting:
- Traditional cigarettes contain known carcinogens, or substances that cause cancer. They tend to be highly addictive and can cause a variety of health problems. Cigarettes are banned from public use in most states due to the effects of secondhand smoke.
- Vapor cigarettes, on the other hand, do not have the same chemicals and carcinogens as cigarettes. While they do tend to contain propylene glycol and/or vegetable glycerin as a liquid base, they can vary in terms of amounts of nicotine, which can help users wean themselves from the substance.
- Buying tobacco cigarettes often means making continuous purchases for more packs of cigarettes. Because of state taxes and other costs, cigarette smoking can be a very expensive habit over time.
Electronic cigarettes, in general, will last far longer than regular cigarettes. There are two options to choose from: disposable and rechargeable electronic cigarettes. Disposable ecigs are made for use for about the same life as one pack of cigarettes per ecig. Rechargeable electronic cigarettes, however, are refillable and can be charged through a wall charger or USB port. This can be very cost effective in the long run, as only the e liquid needs to be restocked.
- Tobacco cigarettes are fairly limiting when it comes to choice. While there are differences in flavor between brands, and some of them contain menthol, they are generally the same when comparing what’s available at a convenience store.
- Disposable and rechargeable electronic cigarettes come in a variety of colors and styles with all sorts of different flavors available. The ecig market is growing, too, with more than 250 flavor varieties available. Many vapers prefer to choose an ecig that produces a certain amount vapor.
Have more questions? Be sure to do your research before making a purchase. You can also leave a comment below with questions or suggestions. Continue reading here.