The holidays are a time of glitter and glamour. And if you are getting ready for a big holiday party you might find yourself trying to organize and clean your jewelry to see if you can justify buying any new pieces. And while jewelry cleaning can sometimes be achieved at home, many people leave their jewelry repair and jewelry cleaning to the professionals. In fact, many jewelry stores offer free cleaning to their customers who have made purchases. These stores know, of course, that once they get you back in the store to have someone clean your jewelry you may end up buying another item while you wait.
Although many people wear jewelry year round, the holidays are a time when parties and other festive events call for the accessories that can help you look your best. Whether you are looking for a new time piece for your husband to wear to the office Christmas party or you are looking for a new pair of diamond earrings for an upcoming holiday concert you are attending, these winter months are a great time to make sure that you look your best.
- A piece of jewelry that is 14-karat rose gold is 58.5% pure gold, but copper is added for the desired color.
- Likes and preferences are important parts of any jewelry purchase. For this reason, even if you are giving someone a surprise engagement ring, it is in your best interest to know what they like.
- Looking your best is easier when you have a great piece of jewelry to accompany your outfit.
- Time pieces are a popular jewelry item for men.
- Having your jewelry cleaned on a regular basis is often recommended.
- A diamond is the hardest substance known to man because it ranks as a 10 on the Mohs Hardness Scale.
- The majority of fine jewelry stores will clean your jewelry for free or a very small charge.
- Gemstone color is an important factor that takes these three factors into consideration: hue, tone, and saturation.
- Little imperfections can decrease the value of a diamond, so it is important to work with a trusted dealer when you get ready to make your purchase.
- It it important to know that jewelry that is less than 10-karat gold cannot be legally sold as gold jewelry.
- There are also similar standards when it comes to silver. For instance, only jewelry that is at least 92.5% pure silver can be called silver, sterling silver, or sterling in the U.S.
- The four factors that determine the value of a diamond are color, carat, clarity, and cut.
- Estimates indicate that 24-karat gold is the most common jewelry alloy in the U.S.
- Research indicates that 75% to 80% of the world’s natural diamonds are used for industrial purposes, while only 20% to 25% are used for gemstones.
- Silver mining began an estimated 5000 years ago, in the year 3000 B.C.
This is the month when it is really fun to get out ALL THAT GLITTERS in your wardrobe and make sure that you are ready for any holiday celebration that comes your way.