We all put a lot of pressure on our feet. There are 19 muscles, 26 bones, 33 joints and 107 ligaments in the human foot. Most people put a lot of pressure on their feet. The average number of steps a person walks in a day is 10,000. That number jumps to more than 30,000 for people who walk more like laborers or construction workers. The feet of active people lose 200 ml moisture each day. There are a number of people who work in jobs where they need to buy heavy duty work boots, military combat boots or the best steel toe work boots. If you are one of these people and you are looking for good combat boots for sale, there are things you can do to make sure you get the right pair.
- Above all, protect your feet. The most important thing you should look for when you are looking for combat boots for sale is the best protection for your feet. The importance of foot protection when selecting boots is proven by the fact that of the workers who sustain foot injuries, only 23% were wearing safety boots or shoes when they injured their foot or feet. For these 23%, 85% of these injured workers were not injured in the portion of the boot that offered the most protection. The injuries were sustained on the unprotected portion of the boot or the shoe. You know what kind of work you do, what kind of stresses you put on your feet every day and what parts of your feet need the most protection.
- Bring the right socks to try your boots on. When you go to look for combat boots for sale, make sure you wear the socks you plan to wear when you are wearing the boots when you go to try them on. If you think you are going to wear more than one pair of socks, bring two. If you plan to put orthotics, insoles or anything else you plan to put in your boots with you when you try them on. The best thing you can do when you go to look at combat boots for sale is to try to mimic the exact conditions you will experience when you wear them for real. You should remember that you should have socks that are good at whisking moisture away from your skin while providing the cushioning you need.
- To zip or not. Think about whether you want a zip on the side of the boot. This is purely a matter of personal preference. There are some things to consider when you are looking at combat boots for sale and considering the eternal question, “to zip or not?” The technology for the zip can do a lot of good and be a real time saver. These boots can be adjusted with the laces the normal way and then taken off and put back on with the use of the side zip. Boots with this are just as durable as those without it.
- Pay attention to your heels. When you are trying on boots, walk around. Pay attention to your heel. Make sure it feels snug, secure and feels natural. The snugness of the heel is important. If there is too much movement, it means you have boots that are too wide or big. People often put a lot of emphasis on boots being too small but it is equally important that the boots are not too big. Wearing boots that are too big will lead you to blisters and callouses.
- Buy more than one pair. You find the best combat boots for your feet. Buy at least two pairs. Your boots will last longer and this will give you a chance to dry out between wearings. After getting the right fit, the next most important thing to do for your feet is to keep them dry. You will have a better time keeping your feet happy with two pairs.
If you spend a lot of time on your feet, you know how important it is to keep your feet comfortable. Getting the right fit for your boots will make time wearing them a lot better.